- What is the meaning of nvme0n1 nvme0n2 nvme1n1 nvme1n2 in Linux?
- nvmeXnY: X means controller, Y means namespace
- NVMe controller
- A PCI Express function that implements the NVM Express interface
- NVMe namespace
- A namespace is a collection of logical block addresses (LBA) accessible to host software. A namespace ID (NSID) is an identifier used by a controller to provide access to a namespace. A namespace is not the physical isolation of blocks, rather the isolation of logical blocks addressable by the host software
- A NVM Express controller may support multiple namespaces that are referenced using a namespace ID